Fried fillet of char with a sorrel cream, potatoes and salad
Young and experienced, approachable and disciplined, Vals and the wider world: what at first sight seems not to go, comes together playfully in Wassmer’s world. Since 2015 the young man from Fricktal has brought new Swiss cuisine to the 7132 Silver Restaurant in Vals. Two stars from Guide Michelin and 18 points in the Gault-Millau restaurant guide corroborate his lofty ambition. Telling stories, re-living old memories and creating new ones, that is his aspiration – a fine play between nostalgia and the avant-garde. Sven’s journey has taken him right around the globe and this is something you can taste in his creations. Even if he works with techniques and ideas from distant lands, to him it is a friendly relationship with local suppliers and producers that is most important.
Nature is his treasure chest, here in the Alpine area of Vals / Graubünden and throughout Switzerland. Wassmer gathers local treasures for his dishes on the steep slopes in Valsertal. In nearby Cumbel, char from the glacier water is caught for him and Albulatal is where the potatoes he uses grow, and he gets his organic vegetables from Pratval.
- Since 2015 Head Chef, 7132 Hotel Restaurant ‘7132 Silver’ **, Vals, CH
- Park Hotel Vitznau Restaurant ‘focus’ **, Vitznau, CH
- Town Hall Hotel Restaurant ‘Viajante’ *, London, UK
- Hotel and Restaurant ‘Schloss Schauenstein’ ***, Fürstenau, CH
- Achiever of the year, 2018
- 18 points, Gault Millau 2018
- 2 stars Guide Michelin, 2017 and 2018
- 1 star Guide Michelin, 2016
- Find of the year, 2016
- 17 points, Gault Millau 2016