In good spirits, we continue on to stage 8 of the Paznaun High Route! This stage leads past idyllic mountain lakes, across lush green mountain pastures and through rocky terrain.
Details about the stage from the Niederelbe to the Edmund Graf hut
- walking time: 4.5 hours
- distance: 9 kilometres
- difference in altitude – ascent: 700 metres
- difference in altitude – descent: 600 metres
- level of difficulty: moderate
- options for a stop: Niederelbe hut, Edmund Graf hut
You would like to find out more about the classification of the stages and the hiking trails in and around Ischgl? Read more about the easy, moderately difficult and difficult hiking routes at the Paznaun!
Route: from the Niederelbe hut to the Edmund Graf hut
- starting point is the Niederelbe hut at 2,300 metres above sea level
- a pleasurable hike out of the valley along the Kieler-Weg awaits you
- pass the ski resort Kappl – then, a steep and exhausting ascent follows up to the Schmalzgrubenscharte at 2,697 metres above sea level
- continue along the Riffler-Weg towards the Schmalzgrubenseen lakes
- last ascent is to the Edmund Graf hut at 2,408 metres above sea level
Tip: If your strength and the weather allow it, you should climb the Hoher Riffler (3,168 metres above sea level) in the afternoon! Walking time is about 2.5 hours from the Edmund Graf hut to the summit.